Just like any other project, it is important to plan out your needs and expectations to help you ensure a smoother setup process. As part of your ZPortals subscription you get a full Onboarding session with our team, and we can help guide you.
For those of you DIY'ers here is a guide to help you plan out your Portal project.
- Who will be logging in?
- Will this be a client, partner, or some other type of user?
- Do you have more than one type that need to see different pieces of information?
- What data do you want them to see?
- What modules are you going to have?
- In those modules, what fields do they need to see?
- What do you want them to be able to do?
- What fields in the modules you show do you want them to edit?
- Will they need to upload documents or receive documents from you?
- Do you want them to see and/or pay invoices?
- Do you want them to submit tickets instead of just using email?
- Do you want them to be able to chat with you live?
- What forms would they need to fill out?
- Do you have any 3rd party sites you want to bring into your portal like custom dashboards?
- Determine which plan you need.
- How often do you expect users to login?
- Do you have a large number of customers?
- How many pages (on average) would a customer click on in a single session?
Once you have all the answers to these questions you can book a call with us or venture into the rest of our Knowledge Base to help turn this plan into a live Portal.
Account Based vs Contact Based Portal Types
We offer two Portal Types to optimize the User experience - Account Based portal and Contact Based portal. Please note that once you select one option, you will not be able to revert to the other option without uninstalling, reinstalling and ...
Lookup Fields and Custom Modules
In order to relate any module to a Portal user, you must have a lookup field for the Account and/or Contact. When planning out your client portal, it is important to identify what you would like to expose to your clients make sure it has the ...
Before you can install the ZPortals plugin you need to install and set up Wordpress. Most hosting companies offer a 1-Click installation, however not all do. Here are the various different ways to get started with Wordpress: Domain vs Sub Domain We ...
Intro to CRM Extension
Our CRM Extension enables you to extend ZPortals plugin and automate user invites, auto approval, and a few other handy things. Once installed you can map your domain, customize the invitation email template, and start the setup for your invitation ...
Configuring the CRM Extension
After you have created your page on your Wordpress site you need to add the URL into the CRM Extension. Your Portal Registration URL should include the https:// and not have a trailing "/"